“Don’t put that in your mouth, you don’t know where it’s been.” “Make sure you have on clean underwear; you never know if you might be in an accident.” “Don’t play with that, you will put your eye out.” I’m sure everyone has heard these phrases before and it was probably your mother who gave you this great advice. Mother’s Day is a time of commemoration and celebration for Mom. It is a time of breakfast in bed, family gatherings, and crayon scribbled “I Love You’s.” Take time this week to tell your mother how much she means to you.
Great Books for Mother’s Day
- There are 84 million moms in the U.S.
- The odds of a woman delivering twins are 1-in-33. Her odds of having triplets are approximately 1-in-539.
- August is the most popular month in which to have a baby.
- About 4 million women will have babies this year.
- The median age of a woman giving birth for the first time in the U.S. is 24.8.
- keep in closer contact with their mothers than do sons. (Pew Research)
- There are more phone calls made on Mother’s Day than on any other day of the year, (Pew Research)
- Nearly 80 percent of Americans will buy a card for mom this year, making Mother’s Day the third-largest card-selling holiday. ()
- Mother’s Day is the busiest day of the year for restaurants.